Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We seek to promote a fair and non-deceptive marketplace by providing consumer resources to the public. We seek to be the best consumer resource center in the country, providing timely, professional and impartial service and information.
We will monitor the market place for unlawful behavior, assist the public in timely resolving consumer disputes, and provide helpful referrals and general consumer information.
A key priority for the WA Stte Attorney General's Office is to safeguard consumers from fraud and unfair business practices by:
- Enforcing consumer protection and antitrust laws, recovering refunds for consumers and imposing penalties and injunctions on offending businesses.
- Educating the public on issues such as identity theft and scams that target seniors, minorities and vulnerable populations.
- Mediating complaints between consumers and businesses at no cost to either party. On average, two out of three complaints filed with our office are satisfactorily resolved.
- Administering Washington's Lemon Law for new motor vehicle warranty enforcement, including arbitration, education, and manufacturer and dealer enforcement.
- Representing consumers who would not otherwise have an effective voice in cases regarding utility company rates and operations.
- Jim McAdams
- (360) 759-2154
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!