Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
No’am v’Shalom is a nonprofit organization serving the Greater Atlanta area by fostering personal development, commonality, and tolerance through social action and education. We teach individuals the tools necessary to empower not only themselves within their own lives, but also to empower their community at large.
No’am v’Shalom believes in a future where empowered individuals can create balanced, harmonious, and sustainable communities through a focus on personal well-being and mutual understanding. We hope to serve as a catalyst for this revolution, to create an empowered culture of giving now, for ourselves and for our children.
For us, the name No’am v’Shalom [noh-ahm vuh-shah-lohm] encompasses our entire mission. While each word possesses a wealth of meaning, together they form the idea of "harmony and balance." We chose our name from the Hebrew language, as it translates more as a concept than as simple words. No’am (נעם) connotes kindness in human action, pleasantness to the senses, and harmony in music or art. Shalom (שלום) connotes completeness, wholeness, good health, wellbeing, balance between forces, harmony in human interaction, peace, tranquility, and contentment.
- Proper health and nutrition available for all
- Creation of a healthy, sustainable community
- Reduction of our community’s carbon footprint and the creation of a community compatible with nature
- A life free of physical and mental suffering available to all
- Affordable and accessible education available to all
- Everyone’s right to live in harmonious and tolerant communities
- Communities self-empowered through access to necessary resources
- Awareness of social issues and a drive to solve them
- Honesty and transparency in all of our actions
- Respect, inclusion, and openness with employees, volunteers, donors, and the public
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!