Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To make Baltimore a more vibrant and creative city by:
- Producing high-quality special events, festivals and arts programming that stimulate communities economically, artistically and culturally.
- Inspiring and promoting literary, performing and visual arts, and artists.
- Celebrating Baltimore's rich, diverse heritage while enhancing the quality of life and sense of community for all residents.
- Forging partnerships that make Baltimore a premiere visitor destination.
- Managing cultural and historic attractions.
- Generating positive local, national and international publicity about Baltimore.
The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, tasked with producing events and arts programs as well as managing several facilities.
BOPA coordinates Baltimore's major events including New Year's Eve and July 4th celebrations at the Inner Harbor, which routinely attract hundreds of thousands of spectators; Artscape, which serves more than 350,000 people each year; Baltimore Book Festival, Baltimore Farmers' Market & Bazaar, Baltimore Open Studio Tour and the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade. In the past, BOPA has been called upon to orchestrate some of the city's biggest logistical challenges. The activities include the Cal Ripken Jr. Streak Parade and first ever Papal Parade for Pope John Paul II, both in 1996; the Pep Rally to welcome the Baltimore Ravens in 1998; Ravens Rally Super Bowl Send-Off and the Ravens Super Bowl Victory Parade in 2001; Miss USA in 2005 and 2006; Baltimore's Celebration of the Army-Navy Game in 2000 and 2007; the Star-Spangled Salute to Michael Phelps in 2008; the 2010 Americans for the Arts Half-Century Summit; the Baltimore Grand Prix and the Star-Spangled Banner Sailabration.
The Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts manages the Baltimore Mural Program, Free Fall Baltimore, PNC Neighborhood Grant Program and Bright StArts Workshops For Children. In additional, BOPA oversees historic attractions and sites including the Top of the World Observation Level, School 33 Art Center, The Cloisters and the Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower.
- Kate Scherr
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!