Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Caton Foundation, a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3), charitable not-for-profit organization, is dedicated to promoting the empowerment of underserved populations through education. Our belief is that education is an invaluable form of capital that can transform lives, communities, and the world. To this end, the Caton Foundation focuses its funding on creating culturally sensitive and developmentally conscious college preparatory enrichment programs to enhance college access and success for Long Island and outerboro middle and high schools’ students from lower socio-economic backgrounds and school districts with a particular interest in serving the needs of emerging populations of Hispanic and Latino students. Our goal is to help these students to acquire the necessary skills to become productive members of the global community.
The principal objectives and purposes of The Caton Foundation are as follow:
- To create culturally sensitive, globally relevant, and developmentally conscious college preparatory enrichment programs for middle and high school students, from lower socio-economic backgrounds. The foundation will target students from Long Island and the outer boroughs in New York City.
- To develop students intellectually and socially through activities that promote inquiry, critical thinking, quantitative skills, and team building. As a result, students will become self-confident and self-reliant, which will help them to succeed academically and lead positive and productive lives.
- To cultivate a culture of college preparation and planning by providing tutoring, homework assistance, and college prep and financial resources to students.
- To facilitate students’ leadership and social skills training through workshops and seminars.
- To conduct research on students’ educational experiences to identify optimal recruitment and retention strategies for schools, colleges, and universities.
- To solicit charitable donations for scholarships, grants, and other education-related opportunities for students.
- To develop relationships with schools in the global community in order to build new knowledge and network across the world.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!