Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Adler Aphasia Center mission is to be a vital resource to anyone whose life or profession is touched by Aphasia. Aphasia is an isolating diagnosis. Not only does it rob one of the ability to communicate, the very nature of Aphasia is that it cuts off people from their family, friends, health care providers, and everyday life.
Our mission is expressed through the delivery of many services. As one of only a few Aphasia-friendly communities in the world:
- We provide a therapeutic environment of innovative programs that give people ways to live successfully with Aphasia.
- We create opportunities for social connection for anyone who wishes to join us.
- We train health care professionals to improve service delivery to people with Aphasia.
- We conduct influential research through and partner with Aphasia researchers across the country.
- We strive to make Aphasia universally understood.
Our dynamic activities and quality programs and services offer a unique approach to enhancing communication skills as well as improving the quality of life for those with Aphasia. Caregivers will also find the encouragement, understanding, education and support to help them balance their own needs. Continuing professional education, volunteer opportunities, research and training will attract students, clinicians and supporters. Education and advocacy within the professional and public community about Aphasia will assist in enabling members to re-engage in society and get on with their lives. Staff, instructors, volunteers and members will receive the training they need to enable the center to expand their programs.
- Elissa Goldstein
- (201) 368-8585
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!