Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We Strive to make aging easier through the development and promotion of a network of services for older persons designed to optimize the quality of their lives. Our most cherished belief is that all older persons should be respected for their individual value, dignity and contributions to society and that their autonomy and privacy must be protected.
The Northeastern Illinois Agency on Aging serves 8 counties: Kankakee, Grundy, Will, Kane Mchenry, Lake and DuPage Counties. We fund the following programs with State and Federal funds to support aging programs:
1. Information and Assistance-what services, programs and benefits are available and how to obtain them.
2. Community Dining CenterOver 50 sites across the region to provide hot, nutitious meals to seniors.
3. Counseling services
4. Family Caregiver Support Programs
5. Meals on Wheels or Home delivered meals Mon.-Fri. to those unable to leave their homes.
6. Legal Services
8. Long Term Care Ombudsman services
9. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
10. Elder Abuse Intervention
11. Home Repair
12. Senior Medicare Patrol-To educate seniors about Medicare fraud