Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Fiskardo's Nautical & Environmental Club (F.N.E.C) was establish in June 1998 as a non profit making - non gonvermental organisation. FNEC is register at the court of first instance of Kefalonia under the form of juridical Person of Private law under the Registration Number: 399 (decision 259/12-6-98). In February 2007 the club changed the name into Hellenic Foundation for Youth and voluntary work - (decision 24/07 dated 23-2-2007) and although the abbreviation FNEC is still in use FNEC is now just a department within the HELLENIC FOUNDATION FOR YOUTH AND VOLUNTARY WORK
The main aims of the foundation are:
- The promotion of the voluntary idea
- Social Services to the community such as CIVIL PROTECTION
- Environmental Awareness
- Youth exchanges
- Promotion of Nautical Sports
- Development of educational materials
- Development of research action and projects mainly for the protection of the Environment
The foundation has been accredited by the following Greek Authorities:
- General Secretariat for Sport and Athletics (Registration No: C/28272 -26-2-1999)
- General Secretariat for Civil Protection (Registration No: 01/2001)
- Special register of Non Govermental Organisations (Register No: 060207SYT1307SX20N/0256-2002)
- Ministry of Health and welfare Registration No 0300/2003)
The Hellenic Foundation for Youth and Voluntary work is also recognised by the Ministry of Agriculture, department of forestry and Environment & the General secretariat for Youth
In early 2000 an Independent Research Organisation was created, within the club, under the name of Ionian Sea research centre. The ISRS deals mainly with the scientific part of the projects undertaken, at this time, by FNEC. ISRS is an autonomous body directed by a defined -3 member- board of Committee and is directly imposed to the foundation control.
From its early stages our institution created and runs The Environmental Museum in Fiskardo, entirely created by volunteers and voluntary work. FNEC became member of the European Commission supported project Service» and have hosted a great number of Volunteers covering almost every corner of the European Countries. In 2003 it was nominated as one of the best projects in Europe. In 2010 we started creating a new 3-D Virtual reality Musem in Argostolion (The capital of the Island) "ODYSSEAN WORLD)
Fiskardo's Nautical and Environmental Club is a non profit making organisation established on the island of Kefalonia in Greece since 1997.
- Andreas Petalas
- +30 (26710) 69396
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!