Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Go Green Initiative is a global organization that trains volunteers in schools, homes, businesses and organizations to conserve natural resources for future generations, and to protect human health through environmental stewardship. We provide free and continual instruction for volunteers, teaching them to quantify the amount of resources they conserve and to motivate others to do likewise. To date, we have over 2,200 registered schools - pre-school through University - in all 50 U.S. states, and in 71 countries around the world.
Accomplishments and Affiliations
Since its inception in 2002, the Go Green Initiative has been endorsed by the National School Boards Association, National Recycling Coalition, adopted by numerous State PTA Boards, implemented in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, along with schools in Canada, Mexico, Asia, Europe and Africa. There are currently over 2.4 million students and teachers in registered Go Green schools.
Since 2005, GGI schools have kept over 10 million lbs. of recyclables out of landfills, which conserved the following:
- 34,500 barrels of oil
- 27 million gallons of water
- 3,836 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions
- 67 billion BTU’s of energy
- 14,104 cubic yards of landfill space
Some of the Ways GGI Helps Schools
- Save money on utility bills by saving energy and water
- Save money on waste hauling bills by pulling out recyclable material
- Save money on purchasing by encouraging a culture of conservation and no waste
- Generate revenue by profit sharing with recycling brokers
- And much more...
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!