Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Feathered Friends of Michigan is a 501(c)3 parrot rescue and Sanctuary. We pride ourselves on finding loving, experienced adoptive homes for unwanted, abused, neglected, and abandoned exotic parrots.
We aim to educate both future and current parrot owners in the proper care of exotic birds as well as inform people of what living with a wild exotic animal is like on a day to day basis in the hope that people will make more informed choices.
We are currently an in-home parrot rescue with two locations.
Our goals include: Educate people interested in the proper care of exotic birds.
• Rehabilitate and correct behavioral problems resulting from neglect, abuse, and misinformation.
• Find loving, long term homes for displaced exotics with people who understand and respect the animal for his or her uniqueness and providing long-term sanctuary for those in need.
• Help exotics remain in their homes, whenever possible, through behavior modification and education.
• Educate the public about their proper care in captivity and their place in the wild.
• Continue working with animal welfare organizations in an effort to ensure that every exotic in captivity has a safe and loving home.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!