Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Want to learn more about this School?
Ojai Valley School
Check out their profile on GreatSchools!
The philosophy of Ojai Valley School is contained in two words: "Integer Vitae" - meaning wholeness of life, symmetry of life, soundness of life, and, therefore, poise and strength of life. To accommodate the school philosophy, every effort is made to create an atmosphere for students and staff which is conducive to learning and growing through the framework of a warm family environment.
Guided by this stated philosophy, Ojai Valley School has as its goals and objectives the development of each student’s character through the advantageous use of Ojai’s natural surroundings, diverse educational community and a strong, professional staff. More specifically, the goals and objectives for each student are outlined in the school philosophy as follows:
• Wholeness of life - Ojai Valley School students are presented with a wide variety of experiences through college preparatory studies, campus life, educational field trips, student activities, athletic programs, and outdoor education. These activities allow students to explore the extent of their interests and abilities; to know themselves, and to develop an appreciation and respect for other people on a global scale.
• Symmetry of life - Ojai Valley School students are exposed to a well-balanced program, both academic and social, with consistent standards set for each discipline and activity.
• Soundness of life - Towards the development of character, Ojai Valley School students are given responsibilities which relate to their personal lives and to school affairs. Students have an opportunity to learn, perhaps to fail and to try again. With staff support and guidance, students begin to develop the knowledge and strength needed to make sound judgments.
By the time Ojai Valley School students are ready to graduate they will have developed the academic strength, the character, and the self-confidence, to meet life’s future challenges in an ever-changing world.
Founded in 1911, Ojai Valley School is recognized for its challenging academics and unique programs:
- 100% college placement
- Interscholastic sports
- Outdoor education (trips to Yosemite, Escalante, the Lost Coast and Joshua Tree)
- Equestrian program
- Community service (includes a trip to Oaxaca, Mexico)
- Fine and performing arts
- International ESL and summer programs
A spectacular location 40 miles southeast of Santa Barbara and at the foot of the Los Padres National Forest ensures weekend access to beaches, lakes and mountains.
- Malory Taylor
- (805) 646-1423
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!