Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our Mission: Couleecap fights poverty and promotes self-sufficiency for people in the Coulee Region. We identify needs, mobilize resources, and provide quality services to people and communities in four counties of western Wisconsin: Crawford, La Crosse, Monroe, and Vernon.
Our Vision: Couleecap makes a difference in the lives of people in the Coulee Region. To do this, we pledge to:
- Empower people to achieve their full potential;
- Promote social and economic justice;
- Serve as a catalyst for change; and
- Strengthen families and communities.
Our Core Values:
- Integrity and Responsibility: We are committed to our work and to excellence in our performance. We can be counted on to do what we say we will do. We recognize our responsibility to the people and communities we serve, our employees, and the society in which we live and work.
- Professionalism: We supply quality services economically and efficiently. We are committed to growth through learning for ourselves and our customers. Our staff is competent, responsible, flexible, and professional. We work to continuously improve systems and services.
- Supportive Environment: We believe in people's capacity to grow and change. We support people as they work towards self sufficiency. We treat people with dignity, compassion, and respect.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with the communities and people we serve. We share resources. We pledge ourselves to teamwork and collaboration.
- Change Agent: We advocate for social and economic justice. We create opportunities for people to improve their quality of life. We educate policy makers on issues related to poverty. We speak for those who have no voice.
Couleecap unites the diverse voices of the Coulee Region - low income individuals, elected officials, and representatives from grassroots community organizations - to fight poverty in our community. Each year, Couleecap helps more than 17,000 families, including 37,154people, in our region achieve self-sufficiency, by providing:
The basic needs of food, shelter, clothing: - Information and referral - Services for the homeless - Rent subsidies - Food pantries - Clothing resale shop - Affordable rental housing - Energy assistance
The tools for living healthy, safe, independent lives:- Home buyer assistance - Housing development - Employment and training - Home weatherization - Housing rehabilitation
The foundation for building a future: - Assistance to parents - Family Resource Centers - Business start-up assistance - Research, planning, and development - Transportation assistance
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!