Wildfires are devastating communities across California, causing more than 300,000 people to evacuate their homes and threatening many more. The Camp Fire in Northern California -- one of three blazing across the state -- is the most destructive in state history. We want to ensure that, if you are in an affected community, you find access to shelter. And if you are looking to help with disaster relief efforts, you know the most effective ways to contribute.
To promote the skilled and intelligent use of education technology by learners and educators, through targeted demonstration, funding and community networking, in the greater Philadelphia area. Read more
To promote the skilled and intelligent use of education technology by learners and educators, through targeted demonstration, funding and community networking, in the greater Philadelphia area.
Lack of awareness of education technology solutions, a lack of training in their use, and lack of funds are key barriers to entry to individuals and schools who wish to work with and promote technology in education. In order to lower these barriers, FATE will conduct the following activities:
FATETech - Deliver a series of training modules, curricula, programs and services aimed at educators and individuals who work with children. These may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying and evaluating available educational technology;
- Implementing and administering programs in the Philadelphia area that have been successful elsewhere;
- Developing new applications and adapting existing applications to meet specific needs of educators and learners;
- Establishing partnerships with community, civic, government, business, educational and other nonprofit organizations;
- Training educators and learners on the appropriate usage of education technology, including providing all necessary training to implement the programs FATE has attracted to the Philadelphia area;
- Bringing education providers and technology providers together through community and networking assistance and;
- Providing general education technology consulting and technical assistance.
FATE Grants - Supply computer hardware, software, interactive learning devices, training and/or financial support to individuals or organizations that otherwise would be unable to take advantage of FATE’s services.
FATE Interns - Provide internships to college students with a passion for education, teaching, technology and/or education technology research.
FATE Advocacy - Improve awareness among leaders in the community, government, business and school administration of the need to advance technology in education.