Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To improve beach and water quality at Euclid Beach State Park through volunteer cleanups, education and advocacy to ensure a healthy Great Lakes and clean water for generations of people and wildlife.
The Euclid Beach Adopt-a-Beach Team is a volunteer organization and partner of the Alliance for The Great Lakes, a non-profit dedicated to sustaining, improving and educating people about the health of our lakes and beaches. For the past two years through monthly beach cleanups, Adopt-a-Beach volunteers have picked up close to 2,000 pounds of trash and recyclables at Historic Euclid Beach State Park alone!
But this is abouti a lot more than just picking up trash on the beach! Take a look at what we did in 2011:
- Close to 320 volunteers participated in beach cleanups at Euclid Beach and Edgewater Beach State Parks in 2011. That's close to 690 volunteer hours and at $7.70 an hour that would be over $5,300 of volunteer work in the parks!
- Invested close to $10,000 in 2011 at Euclid Beach and Edgewater Beach State Parks through the installation of new recycling and trash bin stations, anti-litter and anti-smoking signage and cigarette butt containers thanks to grants from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Neighborhood Connections, The Cuyahoga Solid Waste District and generous donations from community groups and residents.
- Formed partnerships with other volunteer groups at Edgewater State Park including The Friends of Edgewater and Drink Local Drink Tap to better coordinate volunteer efforts and share resources.
- Partnered wth Arts Collinwood and Project Pop Up Galleries to organize the Euclid Beach Blast! this past summer, an all-day event that featured sand castles, art, food, live music and beach cleanups!
- Dedicated Adopt-a-Beach volunteers Rhiannon Murkowski and Tony Stella visited Euclid Beach almost on a weekly basis to collect water samples and report beach conditions.
- Attended community block watch meetings and Northeast Shores Development Corp. quarterly meetings to encourage neighborhood resident participation.
- Worked with local businesses to make beach cleanup information available to their customers and to raise donations for beach cleanup supplies like gloves, trash bags and rakes.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!