Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mission: Donald’s Home is dedicated to providing an alternative living environment for teenage girls ages 10-21. It is our goal to provide support services and guidance to these teenage girls in need due to serious emotional disorders, neglect, abuse, family crisis, and abandonment. With a large number of at-risk girls inMississippiwithout a stable home environment we are committed to:
- An attractive, safe, supervised living environment conducive to each girl's emotional, moral, social, and physical development.
- A standard of services that ensures meeting daily needs related to improved self-esteem, personal hygiene and an overall sense of well-being.
- A highly trained staff that offers a multi-disciplinary approach to provide the wide variety of services required by our residents.
- Intensive level of treatment services including assessment, treatment planning, case management, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy, behavior management planning and implementation, and basic living skills.
- An exemplary social skills program providing the girls with positive, attainable social alternatives. Every facet of the program, from physical fitness through cultural enrichment will maintain and promote a loving, guiding, supportive and stable atmosphere.
Donald’s Home was incorporated in 2009 inJackson,Mississippi. We are expecting to begin service on July 1, 2012. Residents will be placed after being referred from the Department of Human Services for serious emotional disorders, removal from abusive and neglectful home settings, living with stressful parent-child relationships, or being homeless. Donald’s Home will provide shelter and care for a small population of adolescent girls ages 10-21. Our program goals will focus on independent living preparation, education placements in school systems, and, employment and problem-solving skills enhancement. The program consists of 24-hour staff coverage over a three shift operation. Individual and group counseling will be provided by licensed therapists and social workers. We strive toward independence for our clients. We encourage goal-setting and provide guidance toward individual and group accomplishments. Each client will receive a minimum of two hours per week, of individual counseling and one hour per day in group and/or family counseling. The clients will be enrolled in the public school system to meet their educational needs.
Donald’s Home administrative office is 21ValenciaCourt,Jackson,Mississippi,30204. The services offered to the clients will be located at3848 Nichols Blvd,Jackson,Mississippi,39212. The program will be housed in a single-family home that will accommodate a maximum of ten clients. Donald’s Home expects to hire nine employees to provide services to the clients.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!