Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Employment Development Department promotes California's economic growth by providing services to keep employers, employees, and job seekers competitive. Following federal and state laws with fairness and equity, and ensuring fiscal integrity, we:
- Operate the State’s employment service - connecting employers with job seekers.
- Act as an economic stabilizer through the administration of the Unemployment Insurance program.
- Provide prompt and accurate services that enable taxpayers to easily report data and meet their tax responsibilities.
- Minimize the financial impact of non-occupational disabilities through the administration of the Disability Insurance program.
- Provide partial wage replacement when workers must care for a seriously ill family member or bond with a new minor child.
- Encourage self-sufficiency in the current and future workforce.
- Serve as the central source for information on California's labor market.
- Plan, deploy, and manage technology to improve our business processes and access to our services.
The Employment Development Department will be universally recognized for its outstanding customer service and will be considered a model for public agency quality and fairness.
The Employment Development Department has developed a set of values to ensure the people of California are served with fairness, honesty, and integrity.
- Service: We provide efficient, quality service to our customers -- including each other.
- People: We are EDD’s most important resource and we invest in ourselves.
- Caring and Respect: We treat everyone with courtesy, dignity and consideration.
- Communication: We strive for understanding through open, timely and clear communication.
- Leadership: We define our vision, accomplish our goals and embrace change to ensure progress.
- Teamwork: We make each person a part of the team by active employee participation.
- Accountability: As holders of the public trust we use our resources effectively and continually improve the quality of our services.
- Citizenship: We are responsive members of the communities in which we live and work.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!