Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Marine Conservation Institute is a non-profit scientific and conservation advocacy organization that has been working since 1996 to protect marine life around the United States and internationally by encouraging research in marine conservation biology, bringing scientists together to examine crucial marine conservation issues, conducting policy research to frame the marine conservation agenda, leading outreach efforts to educate scientists, the public and decision makers on key issues, and building partnerships to solve problems affecting marine life and people. To learn more about our organization and the work we do, visit us at www.marine-conservation.org.
The primary role of the volunteer Administrative Assistant is to manage basic aspects of this seven person office and other tasks as assigned by the VP for Government Affairs. We would like a volunteer to work a minimum of4 hours per day, 4 to 5 days per week, but are willing to discuss other arrangements. Specific duties include:
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to answering phone, opening and distributing mail, sending express mail, copying, faxing and filing.
- Assist with updating of the Institute’s website and news 'clipping’.
- Schedule appointments
- May conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for the VP of Government Affairs and staff.
- Organize and coordinate organizational meetings.
- Research, price, and purchase office supplies and equipment, including phones
- Support staff in assigned project-based work.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP for Government Affairs.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who has experience in office work and administration, who can keep the office running smoothly, and who wants to help conserve our oceans. This person must also have the ability to work well alone and as part of a team. This individual should be familiar with common office computer programs like Word and do basic troubleshooting.
- Mike Gravitz
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!