Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Preeclampsia Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization whose mission is to provide patient support and education, raise public awareness, catalyze research and improve health care practices. We envision a world where preeclampsia no longer threatens the lives of mothers and babies.
Every year, in communities across the country, thousands of people participate in one of over 30 Promise Walk events. These events range in size from brief walks to longer timed runs, but they all share one common goal- to end the devastating impact of preeclampsia. Promise Walk events have contributed almost a million dollars toward the mission of the Preeclampsia Foundation to advance research and knowledge to save lives.
Led by volunteer efforts of preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome survivors Johanna Aiken and Jill Siegel, the Chicago Promise Walk has been in the community since 2010, raising more than $50,000. This year, the Chicago Promise Walk & 5K Run for Preeclampsia has a goal to raise $28,000 and have over 300 people participate on May 20.
The anuual Chicago Promise Walk & 5K Run for Preeclampsia event was created with four principals in mind:
- increase awareness and provide education in Chicago about preeclampsia
- Support individuals and families that have been impacted by preeclampsia
- Increase volunteer and volunteer leadership particiaption with the Preeclampsia Foundation
- Fund research through the Preeclampsia Foundation
- Increase public awareness of the funding needs to help research and find a treatment for preeclampsia
Sunday, May 20, 2012
8:00 a.m. registration, 9:00 a.m. Walk/Run
Busse Woods Forest Preserve Groves 5-16
(SW corner of Higgins & Arlington Heights Rd.)
Schaumburg/Elk Grove Village, IL
- Elizabeth Pebelske
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!