Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Mercy Health Clinic (MHC) serves uninsured, low-income adult residents of Montgomery County and is committed to providing high quality medical care, health education and pharmaceuticals to eligible patients free of charge. We are a non-sectarian, non-profit, community health clinic.
All patients are seen by a board-certified physician or nurse practitioner. Treatment at the clinic includes blood tests, and frequently calls for X-rays, mammograms, and other specialty care. We are our patients’ partner in health.
- Primary preventative care;
- Diagnosis and treatment of general acute and chronic medical problems;
- Management of chronic medical conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes;
- Referrals for professional consultation, including to on-site dental clinic and behavioral health specialists;
- Access to off-site specialty care, including surgical procedures when possible;
- Patient navigation to assist with mammography and other areas.
Mercy Health Clinic’s health education program is led by a physician and certified nutritionist. They teach classes for patients and conduct individual nutrition counseling sessions at the Clinic.
The goal is to change lifestyles and help patients manage their chronic diseases through exercise, diet, and medication.
- Diabetes Education
- Nutrition Education
- Lifestyle and Exercise Education
- Medication Management
Mercy also provides specialty care and pharmacy services.