Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It is the goal of the Big Friends Little Friends mentoring program to create and sustain positive relationships among caring, volunteer adults and youth from the Greater Fall River area who need support.
Big Friends Little Friends aspires to help youth grow in their ability to Care for others and themselves, Competence in daily living, and Confidence in themselves simply by their having this positive relationship with a supportive adult mentor in their lives. You can be the difference in a child on our waiting list!!!
"Mentor A Child, Make A Difference!"
Big Friends Little Friends (BFLF) is a quality, community-based mentoring program administered by Family Service Association. Our mission is to positively impact the lives of children in the Greater Fall River area by matching them with adult mentors who can provide them with one-on-one support and supervising their relationships to help promote healthy outcomes.
Big Friends spend just 3 to 5 hours a week, bi-weekly or monthly, doing things with their Little Friends that friends normally do together...talking, laughing, playing, and just having fun! Mentors are encouraged to make at least a one-year commitment to their mentee to ensure a more stable and beneficial relationship.
When you sign on as a volunteer with the Big Friends Little Friends program you:
- Get the chance to be a role model and mentor a wonderful child in the Greater Fall River area!
- Get credit towards school/church community service projects (if applicable)!
- Gain valuable direct care experience with children!
- Gain volunteering experience for professional resumes!
- Gain the support of quality program staff to assist you in strengthening your mentor-mentee relationship every step of the way!
- Get the opportunity to attend exciting, group events such as bowling parties, zoo and museum trips, holiday parties, etc.!
- Have the opportunity to become involved with our Friends For Ages, intergenerational program!
- Become a great asset to the program and the community!
- Have lots of fun with a child who looks up to you!