Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
During our recent strategic planning process, the people of Centre College reviewed, refined, and reaffirmed these beliefs in a Statement of Core Values and Commitments:
• Centre College affirms its commitment to a rigorous, transformational program in the liberal arts and sciences for undergraduate students, and through it and through relationships of the highest quality and intensity, to the guided growth of individual students through engaging and collaborative experiences in the classroom, laboratory, studio, and practice and performance spaces.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to the whole person through a holistic learning environment in a highly residential community that emphasizes engagement, personal and caring relationships, and purposeful linkages among the academic, co-curricular, and extracurricular experiences.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to appointing and retaining faculty members who: are dedicated to teaching, scholarship, service, and the personal development of students through a singular devotion to them; regard and value themselves as a members of the Centre College community and not only as representatives of particular disciplines, and; seek to promote interdisciplinary approaches to learning.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to appointing and retaining staff members who are dedicated to the mission of the College and who seek to promote and attain excellence in all phases of the College’s efforts.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to be a place of opportunity for all bright and motivated students from the Commonwealth, the nation, and, increasingly, the world.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to educating students to be citizens of the world; men and women who are globally engaged and prepared to respond to opportunities from all parts of the world.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to preparing men and women to be life-long learners and leaders in their lives of work and service.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to maintaining relationships that last a lifetime with its alumni and to nurture their support of their alma mater for the benefit of future generations of Centre students.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to be recognized as a community asset to all aspects of Danville, Boyle County, and the region, with specific focus on the areas of education, the arts, and the economy.
• Centre College affirms its commitment to seek continuing refinement and improvement in its mission.
All of these beliefs, all these statements of values and commitments, describe
- 1,300: Opening enrollment for 2011-12
- 44: States represented
- 9: Countries represented
- 26-31: ACT midrange
- 1,140 - 1,350: SAT critical reading and math midrange
Faculty and Academic Offerings
- 11:1: Student to Professor ratio
- 94: Percentage of faculty with highest degree in their field
- 26: Number of majors
- 30: Number of minors
- 9: Languages offered
- 6: Number of pre-professional programs
- 92: Percentage of first years who return for sophomore year
- 98: Percentage of students who live on campus
- Over 100: Number of campus organizations
- 35: Percentage of varsity athletes on campus
- 21: Varsity teams
- 25: Percentage of students who participate in performing arts
- 82: Percentage of students who perform service activities every semester.
- 83.5: Percentage of students who graduate in four years
- 85: Percentage of students who study abroad at least once
- 25: Percentage of students who study abroad more than once
- 2: Percentage of undergraduate students who study abroad (national ranking)
- 92: Percentage of students enrolled in Centre Futures with a personal career counselor
- Click here for more about The Centre Commitment
- 98: Percentage of graduates (on average) who are either employed or engaged in advanced study within 10 months of graduation
- Preston Miles
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!