Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide compassionate, individiualized end of life services to patients and families.
Optum Palliative & Hospice Care, is accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc. (CHAP) under the CHAP Hospice Standards of Excellence.
CHAP accreditation recognizes that OPTUM meets the industry's highest nationally recognized standards. Less than 15 percent of all US hospice agencies are CHAP accredited.
As demonstrated through CHAP accreditation, OPTUM provides high-quality, compassionate hospice and palliative care services in 11 states. Not only do we provide the basic hospice and palliative care services required by law, we offer many additional services that standard hospices do not. Here are the benefits and services our patients could receive:
- Involvement of an OPTUM Hospice or Palliative Care Physician
- Unrestricted access to the kind of therapies patients need, including certain life-prolonging therapies, such as radiation or chemotherapy
- Coordinated care with the patient's physician
- Assistance navigating the health care system and Medicare/Medicaid certification
- 24-hour-a-day on-call support
- Pain and symptom management and control
- Psychological and spiritual support
- Support and education for patients' loved ones
At the heart of hospice is the belief that everyone has the right to dignity and freedom from pain at the end of life. This is why we are dedicated to creating personalized care plans, which give patients the specific care they need and deserve.
OPTUM Palliative & Hospice Care is Medicare-approved, which means that our services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, military health plans and most private insurance companies.