Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Develop and share programs that promote the well-being of children and serve at-risk-youth and their families.
Ensure that each child has the opportunity to succeed.
The Eckerd Parenting Service helps both fathers and mothers by teaching them practical life management and parenting skills. Our parenting education has been developed to help teen parents to:
- Complete their education
- Acquire job skills
- Improve parenting abilities
- Prevent future pregnancies
- Become self-sufficient
- Support their families
The Adolescent Parenting Program goals are to:
Increase the self sufficiency outcomes for teen parents by:
- Delaying subsequent pregnancy
- Increasing high school graduation rates
- Increasing successful transition to adulthood including post-secondary education, vocational training, or employment at a livable wage
- Establishing safe and stable housing after graduation
Improve developmental outcomes for the children by:
- Increasing healthy births
- Increasing incidence of appropriate discipline, nurturing behavior, and of well-cared-for children
- Increasing age-appropriate physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development, including readiness for school success
Through individualized goal plans, home visiting, and group educational sessions, teen parents are empowered to become self sufficient and build a better future for their babies.
- Ashley Spence
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!