Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
ShuarHands, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to improve the medical and educational infrastructure for populations in need in developing countries. Acting by and through their established governing systems and community leaders, ShuarHands, Inc. is committed to creating a balanced partnership with participating people, thereby creating a greater experience of independence and stability, while maintaining cultural and ecological sensitivity. ShuarHands, Inc.is a non-religious and non-political organization.
- Assist in the creation of medical missions for those who would not otherwise have access due to remote location or lack of funds.
- Invite local and international physicians to participate in medical missions, teach basic and advanced first aid, and to provide other needed medical needs;
- Support existing facilities and the creation of others, as possible;
- Assist in the furnishing and maintenance of medical clinics and school structures;
- Assist in the purchase of provision of supplies for students and schools-in-need
- Create a "Sponsor A Child" Program to provide proper nutrition, safe water, quality education, family support for the extremely poor;
- Reduce malnutrition in children in Guatemala through education and supplemental food packets