There With Care of the Bay Area
- Children & Youth
- Crisis Support
- Health & Medicine
Location2 locations: Redwood City + San FranciscoSOMAcentral, 450 Townsend, San Francisco, CA 941072682 Middlefield Rd, Ste H, Redwood City, CA 94063, CA United States
The mission of There With Care is to provide a wide range of meaningful and fundamental services to children and families during the critical phase of a medical crisis. We serve families referred by medical agencies, by building a network of services and people who ease the burden of life's day-to-day obligations with compassion and care.
The Bay Area Chapter was created in 2011, seven years after the founding chapter opened in Colorado. There With Care receives referrals from medical social workers at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital in Mission Bay, San Francisco. When a family receives a medical diagnosis of critical illness for their child, There With Care connects with the family and engages community members as volunteers to help ease the stress of their day-to-day life activities.
The support provided is individualized to each family, and can include:
* Deliveries of groceries and prepared meals.
* Transportation to/from hospitals, medical appointments/treatments; and other locations; and gasoline cost assistance.
* Providing new baby clothing; books; toys; car seats; strollers, pack-and-plays and other essential items for families leaving the Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit.
* Housecleaning; laundry service; lawn care; pet care during hospital admission; industrial home cleaning for immune compromised children, and home modifications for disability access.
* Professional services: accounting; legal; and translation services; alternative therapies; family or individual counseling; art therapy; haircuts; massage, etc.
* Providing babysitting, mentoring and tutoring for patients and siblings.
We welcome you to become part of the network of care and support that surrounds families, so they can focus on what's most important: their children. Thank you!