Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"....And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations" Revelation 22:2
Climate change is a justice issue. The painful television, web and news paper images of some disasters we see illustrate ways global warming is dramatically reshaping life on this planet, particularly for the poorest among us. We can work together to create a new earth by preserving and restoring creation. We can promote economic,environmental and social justice for all the people who share this beautiful gift from GOD. And in doing so, we can affirm that that there indeed is enough for all. The greatest suffering the world has seen began with the AIDS epidemic on the African continent. Greater than the devastation caused by the 2006 , more numerous are the deaths than that of the black plague, the AIDS epidemic has no foreseeable end. Each day thousands die from the disease without proper medical treatment. Families are torn apart. Children are left to suffer and die from the disease alone, their parents already swept away by the virus. How do we help? What can we do, half a world away, to help end the suffering on this continent?A continent ripping apart at the seems, engulfed in war and famine- We see these headlines everyday. Many people turn their backs on this continent and its suffering calling it a lost cause. Those people are wrong. There is hope today. There is hope for Africa right now. AIDS has horrific immediate consequences, but through the suffering can come positive outcomes. The world must pull together to help bring a liberal education to every child in Africa. Education is one of the first steps in ending the destruction caused by the virus and it will also help Africans begin to help themselves. It will help to lift the burden of poverty, to provide knowledge about the disease, the preventable disease, that is afflicting the continent. You can help. I can help. We can all help by having hope for this continent, by voicing to our governments that this continent and its people are a priority to us as citizens of the world and by choosing to love others in this world of matters.
Mission The Hope Life Now (HLN)Project is an interfaith ministry devoted to deepening the connection between ecology and faith. Our goal is to help people of faith recognize and fulfill their responsibility for the stewardship of creation. We do this through educational programs for clergy and congregations that achieve tangible environmental results and impact public policy. The word regeneration has personal, biological and institutional significance. It is the process of spiritual, moral and ecological renewal. We seek to make a practical link between spiritual and ecological health. HLN project envisions that people of faith will serve as the foundation for a national movement that addresses ecological issues from theological roots. Our purpose, therefore, is to expand and deepen this link between religious faith and action, particularly in regards to environmental protection. Vision The HLN Project is committed to a process of personal, institutional, and societal transformation starting at the grassroots level. We believe that addressing environmental concerns from a faith perspective merits our attention because the moral authority that religion carries is the necessary ingredient for wide social and political change. Without the engagement of the faith community the transformation of values will not happen. We see the need for more minds and hearts to change, but we recognize that there are many minds that will not be changed without practical proof. Congregations serving as examples can demonstrate the proof that something better is now possible. That practical proof of a better way achieved through living our faith is the heart of our grassroots organization. Values HLN is inter-religious in scope, collegial in style, and concerned with rekindling our sources for ethical behavior in light of new ecological imperatives. We believe that
(1) spiritually grounded people and religious institutions are a great resource in solving environmental problems,
(2) spiritual rigor requires both spiritual roots and practical expression, and
(3) people with vision, values, and commitment can make a difference. Grounded in the above values and beliefs, we commit all of our current resources for the next few years to supporting the Interfaith Power & Light program. We believe that through grassroots outreach, interfaith collaboration, and responsible action based on shared values, people of faith can lead our society toward a new relationship with the earth.By now we are supporting more organization around the world to fight against H.I.V and POVERTY.
HOPE LIFE NOW organization is a non profit organization that work to help orphans and HIV/AIDS across the global and we are working to fight against HIV/ AIDS and Increase hunger in ASIA and AFRICA.
* Malnutrition affects one out of every three preschool-age children in developing countries. But research shows that increases in women's status and education strongly influence the long- and short term nutritional status of children, leading to reductions in both stunting and wasting. In South Asia alone, it is estimated that if women and men had equal status,there would be 13.4 million fewer malnourished small children.
*The lives of millions of children can be saved each year, at low cost, with vaccines and micro nutrient supplementation. Almost every child can be reached with vaccines and supplements,even under the most difficult circumstances.
*Breastfeeding and comlementary feeding can be contribute to preventing 1.4 million and 600.000 child deaths respectively, or just over a fifth of the total child deaths, each year. Breastfeeding rates are no longer declining on a global level and have increased during the last decade in many countries.
* Climate change adaptation programs are helping growing numbers of poor, smallholder farmers reduce the vulnerability of their crops to increasing climatic uncertainties.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!