Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"Always There, Always Ready." Our mission is to protect and preserve life and property with the highest level of safety, customer service, pride and professionalism.
Volunteers will assist with events and program needs under the Community Affairs Program within the City of Surprise Fire Department.
Educating Parents/caregivers in areas such as but not limited to:
- Proper use of Child Restraints
- Proper installation of Child Restraints
- Time commitment hours will be agreed upon between Community Affairs Program Captain and volunteer. A work agreement will be discussed with volunteer regarding volunteer expectations and commitment, which shall be signed by the volunteer prior to beginning in the volunteer role. A minimum commitment is 4 hrs. per month.
- Completion of an orientation of Community Affairs Volunteer role
- Attendance at meetings scheduled
- Attendance at any mandatory training
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge regarding safety and education
- Good communication skills
- Ability to learn and apply Fire Dept. policies and procedures
- Ability to be flexible and work in different areas based on organizational and program needs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!