The mission YLC of is to meet the spiritual, educational, physical and social needs of children and families in a safe, healthy and culturally responsive environment. We strive to instill biblical principles, good citizenship, personal responsibility and entrepreneurship through balanced, child-centered and academically challenging programs that develop students’ unique gifts and abilities.
Since its inception in 1989, YLC has offered an array of educational programs and activities for children and youth, and their families. The ultimate goal of services is for students to:
1. Grow into emotionally healthy adults with a strong sense of self-worth,
2. Recognize and appreciate the innate value of their peers, families,
communities and culture,
3. Achieve their full academic and career potential,
4. Consistently exhibit behaviors that contribute to their own well-being and the well-being of others, and
5. Be prepared to meet the demands of the larger society after leaving YLC.