Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Boston Harbor Islands is to protect the islands as a resource of national significance and to make the island system an integral part of the life of the surrounding communities and region, while improving public knowledge and access for education, recreation and tranquility within an urban area.
Boston Harbor Now is working to re-establish Boston as one of the world’s truly great coastal cities. Everything we do is in partnership with public agencies, communities and private and non-profit partners.
- We encourage people to explore Boston’s waterfront and Islands through promoting and hosting hundreds of free and low-cost recreational, cultural and social events.
- We partner with the Mass Department of Transportation to develop and advance a Boston Harbor-wide water transportation plan for expanded ferry service.
- We co-manage and improve visitor experiences of the Boston Harbor Islands National and State Park.
- We partner with the City of Boston and waterfront communities to prepare for sea level rise while promoting outstanding waterfront open space.
- We support investment and innovation in Boston’s working port to better support our 21stCentury maritime economy.