Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Harbor Lights Theater Company is dedicated to illuminating the human experience through the highest quality theatrical productions and educational outreach within the underserved Borough of Staten Island, New York. Harbor Lights operates based on the belief that the health and prosperity of the arts is fundamental to the health and prosperity of our local community. We seek to establish a national presence and a reputation for excellence and authenticity by means of a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) resident theater company based in St. George, Staten Island, thereby contributing to the renaissance of our community and enhancing its reputation.
- Production: We produce the highest quality professional theatrical productions in local venues with local and Broadway talent.
- Development: We seek out, encourage, and commission new works, and put them before local audiences.
- Educational Outreach: We inspire and build the next generation of theatrical artists and new theatergoing audiences on Staten Island with vigorous outreach to schools, community organizations, and other underserved groups.
- Production: To produce at least four fully staged plays and musicals each season including new interpretations of the classics and original works.
- Development: To produce a noteworthy developmental program for new works, with scheduled readings, workshops and world premiere productions.
- Educational Outreach: To provide an educational program for children and the community that nurtures and inspires new ways of thinking and self expression.
- Utilizing our Founders twenty five years of experience working within the Broadway and premier regional theater communities, and their extensive network of artistic resources, Harbor Lights Theater Company will build a bridge between Staten Island and Broadway, bringing artists of renown to work in our theater and our borough.
- To have a permanent home, either new or with one of the existing theatrical houses in St. George.
- To partner with other resident theater companies in co-productions, and to act as a launching pad for Broadway and Off-Broadway producers who wish to develop their projects in a not-for-profit environment.
- To bring an influx of dollars into the local community by attracting an influx of patrons to local restaurants, bars, shops and galleries, thereby aiding in the economic development of our community.
- To attract the 1.5-2 million tourists per year who travel on the Staten Island Ferry by advertising in the Whitehall and Staten Island Ferry Terminals.
THE HARBOR LIGHTS THEATER COMPANY aspires to become a shining beacon,
the pride and joy of our community and the nation.
- Beth Gittleman
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!