Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world's largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. The LLS mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS funds lifesaving blood cancer research around the world and provides free information and support services.
Our Key Priorities will ensure that: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society helps blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.Research
- Advance the diagnosis and treatment of blood cancers through continued funding of academic research, the therapy acceleration program and other special initiatives
- Proactively establish a research agenda and direct a portion of research spending to specific areas of unmet medical need for leukemia, lymphoma & myeloma
- Participate directly in blood cancer therapy development by expanding research beyond academic collaborations and biotech partnerships to include pharmaceutical companies and/or venture capitalists
- Develop a services agenda for patients and their families to address their information and support needs
- Inform blood cancer patients and improve access to the latest individual therapy options and blood cancer clinical trials
- LLS is the key source of information and services for patients throughout their cancer journey
- Increase funding for blood cancer research from non-LLS sources and accelerate the development of blood cancer therapies
- Encourage an effective and science-driven regulatory system for efficient review of new blood cancer therapies
- Ensure patients have insurance coverage for their treatments and well-coordinated and high quality cancer care
- Develop models for revenue growth and allocation among sources to guide future plans
- Increase public awareness of LLS as the leading non-profit funding impactful research that is accelerating the development of new therapies and treatments for blood cancer patients
- Increase public awareness of the impact blood cancer research is having on patients beyond those for whom they were first developed
- Deliver superior services to LLS through its solutions and platforms
- Continue to execute plans in place and find new opportunities to partner with the business units
- Top-grade all talent in LLS; hire, inspire and retain "A" talent for all positions
- Transform the Human Resources department into a proactive service organization
- Strengthen a performance-driven culture
- Achieve "best in class" level HR processes from on-boarding to out-placement
- Expand diversity from top to bottom
- Minimize labor-intensive transactions and transaction processing
- Greatly reduce staff time spent gathering, consolidating, forecasting and budgeting, actual and operational data
- Provide analyses and predictive models that will help LLS solve problems, gain marketplace advantage, and support new initiatives
- Betty Rabin
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!