Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Ayusa International (http://www.ayusa.org) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1981 to promote global learning and leadership through foreign exchange, study abroad and leadership programs for high school students from the U.S. and around the world. In addition, Ayusa administers multiple high profile grant programs funded by the U.S. Department of State. Ayusa is part of the Intrax family of organizations that provide a lifetime of high quality educational, work, and volunteer programs that connect people and cultures, with operations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
The Ayusa Difference
We know that hosting an exchange student is a significant (albeit worthwhile!) commitment for families. To help promote a positive program experience for you and your student, Ayusa offers:Around-the-Clock Support
From student selection and school registration to academic and supportive counseling for each exchange student and host family, a dedicated local representative is there to assist you. Ayusa operates on a 3-tiered regional system of support for host families and students, in addition to our full-time headquarters staff in San Francisco. Our staff is available to you and your student 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.A Track Record of Trust
Since 1981, Ayusa has provided more than 40,000 foreign exchange students from over 50 countries the opportunity to live and study through our programs. Ayusa is designated by the U.S. Department of State as an Exchange Visitor Program Sponsor, enabling all Ayusa participants to travel on J-1 visas. We are also a founding member of the Council for Standards for International Education Travel (CSIET), a worldwide council that defines best practices in international education.Students Screened for Success
Ayusa students are not your average teenagers. They are leaders in their schools, well-rounded and yndergo a rigorous selection process to be accepted into the program. Hear from Ayusa students in these exchange student videos.
- Between the ages of 15 and 18½ by the beginning of the program
- Well-rounded, open-minded, and eager to become part of an American family
- Diverse - our students hail from over 60 countries throughout Europe, Asia, Central, South America and Africa and many are recipients of prestigious scholarships.
- Motivated to learn about American culture and possess intellectual maturity, strength of goals, and leadership qualities.
- Eager to give back to their host communities through community service projects.
- Rigorously screened to ensure their success in dealing with common challenges at school and at home.
- Well prepared - all students attend a Pre-Departure Orientation in their home country by our partners to ensure they have realistic expectations and are ready for the experience of a lifetime.
- Tricia Powell
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!