Warm Heart Foundation
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Health & Medicine
LocationP.O. Box 8, T. WiangPhrao, Chiang Mai 50190Thailand Thailand
Warm Heart catalyzes individual and community self-help. We provide equal access to education and health services the poorest children in our community need; we offer the knowledge and skills their parents need to create sustainable livelihoods and communities. Warm Heart is a nondenominational, nonpartisan organization dedicated to the radical idea that every human being deserves the same chance to succeed, whether born into poverty or prosperity.
Warm Heart is a community-development organization that provides children's homes, microenterprise programs, public health, sustainable agriculture projects to one of the poorest districts in northern Thailand.
Warm Heart's Current Projects
Children's Homes and our Education programs now provide:
- A safe space for over 40children from isolated mountain villages
- A complete computer lab, after-school tutors
- Access to college and vocational high schools
- A Head Start Program for 3 to 6-year-old Hill Tribe children living in mountain villages (with partner Always Reading Caravan).
TIn a district with 54,000 people and 4 doctors Warm Heart provides:
- A safety net for the elderly and disabled; Transportation to doctors’ appointments; Home visits, wound care, nutrition; Clean water projects
Volunteering and Interning at Warm Heart
Warm Heart needs volunteers and interns to further the entrepreneurial and philanthropic vision of Warm Heart while improving their own skills. We welcome all ages and nationalities. We ask volunteers to commit for at least 3 months (2 for students on summer break). See our job descriptions for the specifics.
Warm Heart director, Michael Shafer, retired from 25 years teaching international relations and political economy at Rutgers University. He is happy to supervise independent study and research projects.