Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"To inspire and develop our global community of youth and volunteers to a life dedicated to leadership, service and innovation."
"To motivate and empower individuals to make a positive difference within our global society through understanding and action based on effective and compassionate leadership."
- Volunteerism Volunteerism is the heart and soul of our organization. We appreciate the myriad contributions of our volunteers, and recognize the power of thank you and of giving back. We seek to promote and encourage service among our stakeholders. We recognize and value the positive accomplishments that volunteers can achieve by working together. We believe that volunteers are positively impacted by our programs as much as the youth and communities we serve.
- Integrity Integrity forms the foundation of our organization. We demand the highest level of ethics. We grow our organization based on interactions that promote mutual trust and respect with our stakeholders and partners. We strive to ensure the highest level of organizational effectiveness by continually reviewing our programs and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Excellence We strive to continually raise our programs and business to new levels of excellence. We encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in business, education, and social responsibility. We develop creative solutions to address challenges and to utilize opportunities. We believe that leadership skills can and should be continually improved and refined.
- Diversity We value and embrace diversity. We seek out views that reflect all walks of life, and reflect those views in our programs. We are sensitive to the special needs and diverse backgrounds of individuals. We give all individuals an equal opportunity to be heard and to benefit from our programs.
- Community Partnership We value community partnerships. We recognize the importance of working with community organizations to strengthen our supportive network. We value the input we receive from our community partners, and strive to work together cooperatively and constructively for the betterment of all.
Founded in 1958 by legendary actor Hugh O'Brian (TV's Wyatt Earp), the HOBY program nationally reaches out to every public and private high school - as well as conducting HOBY-style programs internationally including efforts in Bolivia, Canada, Mexico, China, Korea, Taiwan and Israel. HOBY provides a platform for outstanding young leaders to develop their potential. We don't teach Ambassadors what to think, we teach them how to think for themselves. They are encouraged to take what they have learned about themselves, others, and the world back to their schools and communities. They often discover that every great idea starts with one person. HOBY alumni are leaders in their schools and communities, throughout the United States and the world, making a difference for others through service.
- Steven Hall
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!