Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The C-CORE mentoring model is an industry-sponsored mentoring program for youth with promise and untapped potential. The program is funded by a three year grant from the U.S. Department of Justice. It aims to match 5,000 youth ages 13 to 18 with over 1,600 mentors recruited from all professions, businesses, organizations and local communities. VIP Mentors (VIP), with 40 years experience in the mentoring field, has been chosen to implement this program in Los Angeles County and San Diego. We serve youth in foster care, youth who are first-generation Americans, youth who have been involved in the judicial system, and youth from underprivileged neighborhoods.
- Willingness to provide career guidance and professional role modeling.
- Ability to work with other mentors in a team approach to build relationships.
- A desire to work with and be accessible to a group of young people, ages 13-18.
- Interest in giving back to your community through service.
- Ability to set limits and respond to supervision.
- Ability to communicate with members via text, email, phone.
- Ability to travel to and from the site of activities
- Have weekly contact with mentees, with at least 2 face-to-face meetings per month.
- Serve as a coach, advocate, and sounding board to a group of 3 members on career, personal,education, and other issues.
- Participate in training and supervisory meetings with agency staff.
- Participate in at least 2 community service projects with your members on a quarterly basis.
- Complete all project reporting forms and documentation.
- Giving and sharing of your experiences.
- Creating new bonds with other C-CORE team members.
- Having a positive impact in your community.
- Contributing to the development of a pipeline of future workers for the industry.
- Impacting work ethic and expectations of youth
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!