Mechanicville Area Community Services Center, Inc
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location6 South Main StPO Box 30Mechanicville, NY 12118 United States
A community center committed to enhancing the lives of area residents through family support, empowerment, recreation and education.
MACSC provides comprehensive health and human services to the greater Mechanicville area. Founded as a youth drop in center in 1969, MACSC continues to offer extensive youth programming, community events and a meeting home to a variety of community groups, organizations and sports teams. Additionally, MACSC works hard to promote Southern Saratoga and Northern Rensselaer counties through an extensive community calendar and community wide events. MACSC is always interested in exploring volunteer or prorgram opportunities that promote community involvement and sustainable healthy interdependency between families and the community.
Current MACSC Programming includes, but is not limited to:
- Youth Development Programming: after school, evening and summer drop-in and structured programs for elementary to high school aged area youth.
- NYS Licensed Before and After School Child Care also offered on snow days, half days, vacation and summer.
- Information and referral and satellite services for human services including food stamps, child health plus enrollment and Women Infants and Children.
- Emergency Food, Rent and Utility Assistance as well as a Food Pantry and Food Buying Co-op.
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Program provides non-residential assistance in legal advocacy, counseling, support groups and resource advocacy to vistims of domestic violence and their children.
- Elder care services offers health and wellness programs and supports to area seniors and their caregivers. Current programs include computer classes, caregiver support groups, monthly health workshops and one-on-one counseling.
- Family Development Program provides support to families interested in partnering with center staff to attain short and long term self determined goals.
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) completes tax returns free of charge to households with incomes less than $40,000
- ECHOES brings family, parenting and financial education speakers to the area to provide monthly workshops and seminars. Free Childcare and refreshments are provided at all ECHOES events.
- Whistle Stop Learning Center-NYS OFCS full day child care for 3&4 year olds with preschool incoroproated. M_F 6:45am-6:00p.m.
Volunteers are integral to operations at MACSC. We are always interested in suggestions and ideas for volunteer opportunities that you may have to offer! Give us a call or stop by today!