Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experienced-base curriculum which creatively integrates running.
We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
About Girls on the Run of the CSRA
Girls on the Run of the CSRA is one of over 185 councils in a nationwide program that recognizes that every girl is special; that every girl is strong; and that every girl is a winner!
Using the joy of running, our curriculum teaches girls about health, friendship, positive body image, self-esteem and community service.
The objective of Girls on the Run is to educate and empower girls at an early age in order to prevent the display of at-risk activities in the future. At risk activities include substance/alcohol use, eating disorders, early onset of sexual activity, sedentary lifestyle, depression, suicide attempts and confrontations with the juvenile justice system.
- Three 24-lesson curriculums teach life skills through group processing, running games and workouts. The three-part curriculum is taught by certified Girls on the Run coaches and includes understanding ourselves, valuing teamwork and understanding how we connect with and shape the world at large.
- Girls choose and conduct a community service project
- At each season’s conclusion, the girls complete a 5k running event as a group
- Academic evaluations of the program show a statistically significant improvement in body image, eating attitudes and self-esteem
- Evidence also indicates an improved sense of identity and an increasingly active lifestyle for program participants
- Taryn Zerner
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!