Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Homeless & Housing
Location1914 Glenn Park Dr.Champaign, IL 61821 United States
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County and ReStore is a nonprofit, Christian housing ministry that works both to eliminate poverty housing around the world and to make adequate housing a matter of conscience and action. Habitat welcomes partners from any faith - or no faith tradition - whom are willing to help improve the lives of families needing safe, affordable, decent housing.
What We Do
- Build and sell simple, quality, affordable houses using a zero interest mortgage program through volunteer labor and tax-deductible donations of money, land, and materials
- Select families based on their level of need, willingness to work, acceptance of responsibilities and ability to repay the mortgage
- Provide educational programs for good financial management and home maintenance to our homeowners
- Use our ReStore revenues to cover virtually all the administrative costs of the affiliate allowing other donations to go directly to home building. Our inventory is made up solely of donated items and volunteer labor covers over 90% of our needs.
- Make used furniture, appliances, electronics, household and home improvement items available to the community at excellent prices while preventing over 200 tons of materials from going into landfills each year
- Enjoy exemplary relationships with volunteers and donors from a broad range of groups: religious, social, business, and local government