• ORGANIZATION PROFILE
  • Notre Dame High School Notre Dame High School

Causes

  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon
  • Interest area icon

Volunteer with us!

VIEW AS
Subscribe Get an RSS feed of these Opportunities
Please wait . . .

Mission Statement

Notre Dame High School is a family centered, college preparatory, coeducational secondary school founded by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The school provides quality education to youth whose access to culturally sensitive, innovative Catholic education might otherwise be beyond their means. A special component of Notre Dame High School is the work study program, which engages the greater Lawrence business community in empowering highly motivated young people with professional skills.

Description

Notre Dame High School is a new, innovative, college-preparatory high school serving the lowest-income students and their families in Lawrence, Massachusetts and the greater Merrimack Valley. Our school is based on the Cristo Rey model, in which motivated, trained, and supervised students attend class four days a week and hold jobs with local companies on the fifth day. These professional positions pay 70% of tuition costs for our students, and parents are asked to pay as much of the remaining 30% as they are able. NDHS opens its doors to eighty 9th-grade students for the first time on September 1, 2004.

Website

http://www.ndhslaw.org

Contact

Report this organization

Reviews

BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend Notre Dame High School?

Engage your employees, consumers, or students! VolunteerMatch provides the tools that make community involvement easy.