Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The goal of San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA) is to make San Antonio a No Kill city. We build effective and innovative programs to overcome issues that lead to euthanasia at the city shelter to include adoptions, fostering, Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender (PASS), baby-bottle feeding, Kitten Nursery and Parvovirus Ward. We focus on saving the lives of dogs and cats that are already on the euthanasia list at the city shelter as well as providing resources to pet owners to prevent them from surrendering their pets.
San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit animal rescue organization whose goal is make San Antonio a no-kill city.
In partnership with San Antonio’s Animal Care Services, we are implementing innovative and progressive programs to:
- Rescue as many pets as possible off of the daily "euthanasia list"
- We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other rescue groups and the shelters’ adoption programs and create programs to save their lives and find them new homes.
- Help owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter
- The #1 reason that pets are surrendered to a shelter is for behavior reasons. SAPA! is building resources in San Antonio to help pet owners with problems, before the problems become too large and the bond between the owner and pet is destroyed.
- Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender (P.A.S.S.) was created to fill in that gap by helping the public find resources to help keep their pets or pets they have found, out of the shelter. We have a variety of ways we can help you help your pet, from ad placement resources, to low cost medical options, behavioral resources, help with food, and even advocating on your behalf if needed.