Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
4-H helps young people learn and grow through an intentional process
that builds competence, confidence, connection, compassion and character.
- 4-H programs are based on the theory and practice of positive youth development.
- Youth development programs work best when they provide opportunities for young people to experience mastery, belonging, independence, and generosity.
- Experiential learning forms the basis of our "learn by doing" approach.
- Youth voice and youth engagement are critical to effective 4-H programming.
- Volunteers and partners are essential to the success of the 4-H program.
- We value and respect human diversity of all types.
- 4-H believes that all young can be successful and therefore,provides access and opportunity for all.
Youth Development Outcomes
- Competence refers to the social, academic, cognitive, and vocational capacities of youth.
- Confidence stems from improving self-esteem, self-concept, self-efficacy, and hope for the future.
- Connection is the result of building and strengthening relationships with people and institutions.
- Character refers to the development of self-control, a sense of right and wrong, and respect for cultural and societal norms.
- Caring and Compassion refer to one’s empathy and identification with others.
- Elizabeth Smith
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!