Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Approximately 2.5 billion people, including nearly 2 million American schoolchildren, do not have access to the eyeglasses they need to live productive lives. This undermines literacy, education, productivity and personal fulfillment. In addition, 5.5 million people go blind each year from avoidable or treatable causes. We will collect used eyeglasses in the United States, and that campaign will also generate new revenues for vision care and research.
We will establish a leveraged, scalable and financially self-sustaining program to:
- collect many of the 280 million pair of eyeglasses that are retired in the United States each year (current programs collect less then 3% of these glasses);
- earn corporate sponsorship revenues in excess of the cost of the used-glasses program;
- train 21,000 vision care providers in the developing world;
- provide eyeglasses for 30 million people in the developing world each year;
- provide new eyeglasses for half a million American schoolchildren each year;
- generate $50 million per year in new funding for vision care and research.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!