Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Adding Tomorrows Every Day
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis. We fund more CF research than any other organization, and nearly every CF drug available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
We are a nonprofit donor-supported organization dedicated to attacking cystic fibrosis from every angle. Our focus is to support the development of new drugs to fight the disease, improve the quality of life for those with CF, and ultimately to find a cure.
The Foundation's drug development model has been recognized by Harvard Business School and by publications such as Forbes, The New Yorker, and Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
Based in Bethesda, Md., the Foundation funds and accredits a national care center network that has been recognized by the National Institutes of Health as a model of care for a chronic disease.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is one of the most efficient organizations of its kind and is an accredited charity of the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Is...Building on Success
- When the Foundation was established in 1955, children with CF rarely lived long enough to attend elementary school. Due in large part to the Foundation's aggressive investments in innovative research and comprehensive care, many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
- In 1989, CF Foundation-supported scientists discovered the defective gene that causes cystic fibrosis -- a monumental breakthrough on the road to a cure.
- The Foundation played an integral role in the development and FDA approval of four therapies that are now a routine part of treatment regimens for many with CF. The Foundation is actively supporting nearly 30 potential new treatments currently in development -- that's more than in the entire history of the disease. One groundbreaking potential drug that treats the underlying cause of CF will be submitted for FDA review in late 2011.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Is...Still Making Progress
We are proud of our achievements. But, we still have much to do. Learn more about what the Foundation does to fight cystic fibrosis and how you can get involved .
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Is...Hope in Action
How You Can Get Involved
- Make a Donation- Money buys science and science buys life
- Lend Your Time and Talents and Volunteer- Match your skills and interests
- Get Your Company Involved- How businesses bring us closer to a cure
- Participate in a Special Event- Put the "fun" back in fund-raising
- Shop the Marketplace- Your purchases support the mission of the Foundation
- Participate in a Clinical Trial- Help scientists discover new treatments and potential cures
- Improve Your Care- Learn about what you can do to improve your care center
- Raise Awareness- Advocate for CF by contacting your elected officials
- Todd Jastrzembski
- (616) 956-6850
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!