Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
DSHS Mission: To transform lives by creating pathways for self-sufficiency through meaningful partnerships, employment, new opportunities and effective rehabilitation services. JR Mission: Protect the Public Hold Juvenile Offenders Accountable Reduce criminal behavior through a continuum of preventative, rehabilitative, and transition programs in residence and in the community.
JR Mentor Program Mentors are the Stuff of Success:
Every young person needs a mentor - a dependable adult who will care, will listen, and will advise. Ask any successful person if they had a mentor and their answer will inevitably be "yes".
Mentor Program Requirements:
- Submit a Volunteer Application (Available from any Mentoring Coordinator listed below)
- Pass a criminal background check
- Attend training provided by JR
JR asks mentors to:
- Make a commitment to mentor a youth for 12 months
- Communicate weekly and meet in person at least once monthly with matched youth
- Attend mentor program seminars, training, and other events as scheduled
For additional Information:
If you are interested in becoming a mentor for a young person under JRA supervision and would like to learn more about how you can participate in our program, please contact the following people:
(509) 363-5039 1-877-601-2830
JR Region 1