Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To train the next generation of global leaders providing a hands-on, activity-based learning program for high schools that teaches the significance and the basic concepts of globalization, international economics and what it takes to make highly interdependent nations competitive in today’s dynamic economic environment
The IES program includes a complete classroom curriculum plus a final activity in which students, divided into country teams, apply the concepts they have learned in a simulation of today’s global economy.
The classroom curriculum consists of lesson plans and activities that teach the core concepts of international economics and globalization. The lessons are correlated with national and state standards for economic education and include:
- Improving the global standard of living
- The need for long term economic stability, investment and growth
- The benefits of international trade
- Specialization and comparative advantage
- The forces of supply and demand in the global economy
- The costs of protectionism
- The role of central banks
- The balance between international competition and cooperation
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!