Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Power House is to provide the youth of the community with positive alternatives to negative behaviors in a safe, drug-free environment surrounded by caring Christian adults.
The Power House offers a variety of programs for teens within our community. Each of our programs is updated on an ongoing basis based upon the current needs and interests of our teen membership. All of these services are free to teens and available to any teen who expresses an interest. These programs are focused around five key components: 1. Showing the love of Christ; 2. Expressing family values; 3. Teaching about healthy lifestyles; 4. Promoting abstinence and STD awareness; 5. Providing alcohol, tobacco, and drug awareness and protection.
We are currently seeking new volunteers in all of the following programs/areas:
- Power Plant Volunteers- interact daily with teens during afternoon hours
- Glo Volunteers- provide supervision, support, and interaction on Friday evenings for 5 hours
- Mentors- meet one-on-one with teens for 1-2 hours a week
- "What’s Up?" Leaders- meet once a week or bi-weekly for 2 hours with a small group of teens
- GAP Volunteers- provide music, creative input, teaching, and support 3 hours a week
- Power Praise Volunteers - teach art, drama, dance, and music lessons
- The Food Network - provide daily snacks for the teens and meals on Friday evenings
- Audio-Visual Specialists- operate Power Point and other AV needs
- Maintenance Volunteers- perform needed upkeep on building and equipment
- Janelle Delagrange
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!