Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
MOHAI is respected nationally and treasured locally as a dynamic, innovative museum where historical exploration inspires people to create a better future for themselves and their communities.
MOHAI collects and preserves the diverse history of Seattle, the Puget Sound region and beyond. Highlighting innovation and education, MOHAI enriches lives by sharing the individual and collective stories of our communities.
MOHAI believes that the preservation and exploration of Seattle’s past is essential to making effective decisions for its future. From humble beginnings in 1911, MOHAI has grown into the largest private heritage organization in the State of Washington with a collection of over 4 million objects, documents, and photographs from the Puget Sound region’s past. MOHAI uses these artifacts along with cutting edge, hands-on interactive experiences to make history come alive through the unforgettable stories of the men and women who built Seattle from wilderness to world city. In addition to museum exhibits, MOHAI hosts a variety of award-winning youth and adult public programs and consistently collaborates with community partners on local events and activities. Ultimately MOHAI hopes to connect individuals with our region’s rich history and inspire them to continue to make our home a strong, vibrant, and sustainable place to live.
MOHAI is accredited by The Alliance of American Museums and is a Smithsonian Affiliate.
- Award of Merit, The American Association of State and Local History
- LEED Platinum Certification, U.S. Green Building Council
- Award for Rehabilitation, Washington State Office of Historic Preservation
- Award of Excellence, Washington Museum Association
- Legacy Award, Association of King County Historical Organizations
- Beth Chave Preservation Award, Historic Seattle
- Community Service Award, American Institute of Architects Seattle Chapter
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!