Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases. Established in 1948, AF is a volunteer-driven, national nonprofit organization dedicated to finding a cure for over 120 types of arthritis including: rheumatoid arthritis; juvenile arthritis; osteoporosis; lupus; osteoarthritis; gout; back pain; psoriatic arthritis ankylosing spondylitis; fibromylagia; tendonitis/bursitis; scleroderma; and carpal tunnel syndrome. The Northern California Office is located in San Francisco and serves 16 counties--from the Oregon border to Carmel--including: Del Norte; Humboldt; Sonoma; Lake; Napa; Solano; Marin; Contra Costa; Alameda; Mendocino; San Francisco; San Mateo; Santa Clara; San Benito; Santa Cruz; and Monterey.
The Arthritis Foundation Northern California Office:
- partners with community organizations to provide people with arthritis access to evidence-based physical activity programs (aquatic exercise, land-based exercise, tai chi & walking)
- offers free educational seminars & patient education brochures
- provides support and activities for children with Juvenile Arthritis & their families
- referrals to local rheumatologists, support groups
- funds arthritis research both locally and nationally
- provides physicians with continuing medical education in the form of the annual Knowles Lecture
- offers the Summer Science Intership Program which provides top-notch HS juniors and seniors & college frosh & sophomores the ability to work in arthritis research at UCSF & Stanford.