Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Youth For Understanding USA (YFU) prepares young people for their responsibilities and opportunities in a changing, interdependent world.
YFU USA is Seeking Volunteers to work with Exchange Students in your area
If you enjoy working with young people and families and want to make a difference in the world, volunteering at Youth For Understanding (YFU) USA may be right for you.
As a YFU volunteer you'll get to know teenagers who are adventurous, eager to learn and want to make a difference in the future. You'll meet interesting people and enhance your relationships with people in your community and workplace. You'll provide support and guidance to students and families, and learn more about family dynamics. Most of all, you'll be making a significant contribution to improving cultural awareness and international understanding--changing your world a little bit at a time.
YFU Volunteer Opportunities
YFU volunteers provide support to students, families, programs, and other volunteers in a wide variety of ways. From conducting student orientations to making classroom presentations, problem solving with international students and their host families to arranging social activities, there is truly a place for everyone at YFU. Whether you are a returned exchange alumnus, a parent, a retired person, or a college student-- we welcome people of all backgrounds to work with us. Whatever your skills and interests are, there is a volunteer opportunity to match them!
In addition to supporting life-changing experiences for young people from around the world, volunteering for YFU provides you with significant benefits. Volunteering will:
• Enhance your leadership skills.
• Improve your interpersonal skills, such as understanding people better, motivating others, and dealing with difficult situations.
• Help you develop better communication and public speaking skills.
• Share US culture and provide the opportunity to learn more about world cultures.
YFU Volunteering is Flexible and Engaging
YFU volunteers can choose from a variety of positions to suit their interests, needs and schedule. The hours are flexible, and you can even be a virtual volunteer without ever leaving your home! YFU also gives you the freedom to promote programs in creative ways in your own community. You can work as a team, individually, with a friend or family member.
A wide range of program volunteer positions are available at YFU, including American Overseas Volunteers, Area Coordinators and Representatives, International student volunteers and trainers. YFU provides all the training and tools you need, in both one-on-one and self-guided formats.
YFU relies on the skills of volunteers to perform a wide range of tasks, including:
• Administrative activities that help YFU provide more effective services to other volunteers, students, and families.
• Interviewing prospective host families and/or teenagers who want to study abroad.
• Planning and conducting orientations for international students, American Overseas students, host families, and/or natural families.
• Delivering presentations about YFU programs to groups at schools and community events.
• Recruiting host families and/or American Overseas students for YFU programs.
• Supporting international students and their host families while on program, and pre-departure support to American Overseas students and their natural families.
- Jerry Ritthaler
- (866) 493-8872
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!