Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Young Parent Support Center uses a strength-based approach to facilitate positive growth and development in individuals, families and our community. We encourage academic achievement and strengthen employment potential. We provide a safe, respectful and nurturing environment. We offer workshops designed to enhance health and safety awareness. We foster improved parenting skills, family relationships and child development. We offer supportive services and resource referrals through our community partnerships. Our daily efforts serve to stabilize, enhance and enrich the lives of our participant families and, ultimately, our community.
- Adult Education Program, offered Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and in the evenings Monday and Wednesday from 5:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Developmental Child Care offered Monday - Thursday from 9 am to 3pm
- Introductory and Intermediate Computer Workshops
- Career Exploration andJobReadinessSkillBuildingWorkshops
- Parent Education, Life Skills, and Health Education Seminars
- Basic Life skills and Substance Abuse Prevention workshops
- In-Home Intervention Home Visiting Program
- Responsible Decision Making: a program promoting safe, sexual health practices and family planning information
- Recreation and leisure activities including Participants Night Out, Participants Night In and special events like Beach Day, Bar-B-Q, holiday luncheons and outings.
- Making It Work Program, offering a five-week Employment readiness education and instruction for Food Stamp recipients, operates Monday through Friday 9am - 3pm. Participants of this program also receive one to one assistance from a job developer.
- Summer Camp program offered during summer months when Baltimore County Schools are not in session; mirroring the schedule of our Adult Education program to allow GED students the ability to bring their school aged children to the center as opposed to having to stay at home with these children. Program operates Monday through Thursday from 9am to noon.
- Guest speakers and special educational presentations by community service providers including but not limited to:Franklin SquareHospital, Johns Hopkins Nursing students, Towson University Nursing students, Planned Parenthood and the Health Department.
- kevin mcshane
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!