Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Denver Children's Home restores hope and health to traumatized children and families through a comprehensive array of therapeutic, educational, and community-based services.
Denver Children's Home is a unique residential, daytime, and community-based treatment center and school for severely traumatized children, many of whom have suffered abuse and neglect. Programs work on a continuum across facility, home, school, and community settings.
Our overarching goal is for students to realize increased mental health functioning and school success.
Our objectives are the following:
- Provide the most effective, but least restrictive treatment based on individual needs of each child
- Prepare every student to find success in our complex society by providing an effective and differentiated educational experience
- Progress children, even those with the most serious mental health disorders, through various levels of care and eventually return them home or to an alternative community-based setting
- Offer a positive alternative to psychiatric hospitalization, combining intensive therapy, individualized academic support, and advanced drug treatments for biologically based mental illnesses
- Help children take ownership of their treatment; to understand their reactions and responses to life events, accept responsibility for their actions, control their behavior and develop coping mechanisms for difficulties beyond their control
- Help families and caregivers gain access to the support and services they need to stabilize families.